Kerry Christensen - Newsletter article on taylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Kerry Christensen and Janet McBride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry Christensen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Kerry Christensen - Newsletter article on taylor Reply with quote

Kerry Christensen Here,

I have written a little bit about Taylor on my February Yodel Newsletter. This way thousands of my friends will get to get aquainted with Taylor.

click on this Url below:

http://www.kerrychristensen.com/newsletter/index.html

Kerry Christensen
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kerry! That's really a nice article!

I hope you and Taylor can get together at Dollywood, it sounds like a great opportunity for her.
josthebomb

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry, you are AMAZING. I can't even TALK that fast. Chicken Yodel's my favorite. Smile
XOtaylorfanXO
Official Forum Mascot!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^DITTO!! Very Happy
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I was curious to see the article about Taylor Ware. Seems the page got updated with new newsletters, and there is no history of the older ones.

Well, I've just used my Wayback Machine Razz, and here is the article from 2007:

Taylor Marie Ware

Here is a little yodeler girl that you should all get to know. Her Name is Taylor Marie Ware. She and here parents and little brother live in Franklin Tennessee just out of Nashville. For all those who watched the TV show last year (America's Got Talent), she was one of the finalist to win the $1,000,000 prize. Unfortunately she did not win the million, but I thought she should have.

Taylor is a highly talented and motivated kid when it comes to singing and yodeling. Not only is she a great vocalist but she possess the rare quality of ultimate stage charisma that makes her just the perfect performer.

Her mom and dad are good people who have a great handle on keeping Taylor well grounded in the important things of life as well as helping where they can to give Taylor all the opportunities to have the joy of accomplishment in her talents by bringing happiness to the many people who will hear her perform over the years.

For those of you who remember, she reminds me allot of my daughter Emilie when she was very young and first starting to yodel. She was like a little sponge always ready for a new yodeling challenge.

In my 30 years in this yodeling business I have only seen a handful of young kids who have the ability to make a lasting impression on people with a yodeling talent. Taylor is surely one of them.

Visit here website at: www.taylorware.com

During the months of April and part of May I will be performing about 3 shows each day at the Festival of Nations at Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Since Taylor lives only a few hours from there, I am trying to get permission for her to come and yodel with me on a weekend or two during my time there. Her parents say they are up for it so I hope I can get the go ahead. I would love to teach her some European yodeling rounds like I used to sing with Emilie Taylor surely has the skill to pull it off. It will be fun to see what happens.

The web address for the Dollywood festival is as follows:

Festival of Nations (http://www.dollywood.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=83 - this link is broken at the moment)

Well that's about it for now. Check back in a week or so and by then I will know for sure if the duel performance with Taylor comes to fruition. I will try and post the days she will be there on my Tour Dates link on my website as soon as I clear it with Dollywood and Taylor's dad.

Stay well all. It is warm here in Arizona. If your freezing up north it's worth the drive.

Till next time.

Kerry
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Kerry's description of Taylor. True in 2007, and true today. Very Happy

I don't know if Taylor was able to perform with Kerry, and if she did I don't know if it was recorded on video. If someone did shoot it, they didn't share it. I would love to see Taylor and Kerry together, I'm sure it would be special!
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
I don't know if Taylor was able to perform with Kerry, and if she did I don't know if it was recorded on video. If someone did shoot it, they didn't share it. I would love to see Taylor and Kerry together, I'm sure it would be special!

Yeah, I think I have all the public videos of Taylor so far, with me, and there is no video with Kerry, no... :/ - I wondered about it, too.
I know Kerry since very long ago, and I am a fan of him Smile, although I don't like much his CDs. I prefer his live concerts.
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
I agree with Kerry's description of Taylor. True in 2007, and true today. Very Happy

Taylor's dad said she didn't perform with Kerry:

http://friendlycountryforum.com/taylorware/viewtopic.php?p=609#609
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was when she was 12, but I don't think she has since then either. In fact, I don't recall Taylor performing with any other yodelers recently, like Riders in the Sky, Margo Smith, etc. Confused
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Do you have any video/photo with Taylor performing with Riders in the Sky?
I found some small photos in some "slideshow" videos, but I can't really find anything better/more... Smile
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no video that I know of. Riders in the Sky did two songs with Taylor on her 2nd CD, and I uploaded two audio files of them doing 4 songs together at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. I recorded them from a radio webcast with a cheap microphone. See the first post in this thread... http://friendlycountryforum.com/taylorware/viewtopic.php?t=10

While I was looking for these clips, I found some other audio treasures, 6 LIVE songs here (in the 2nd post)...
http://friendlycountryforum.com/taylorware/viewtopic.php?t=322
These were recorded in 2006 right after AGT.
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! Thank you! I didn't think I have seen those topics before Smile - loving to have new old stuff again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Kerry Christensen and Janet McBride All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: