Kerry Christensen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Kerry Christensen and Janet McBride
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElEmSaSa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

Isn't it exciting, we can converse in a matter of minutes clear from America to England...

What I meant, writing and thinking too fast:

on Kerry's site, there's a spot called carry overs...where he yodels bits of many different styles...a couple chicken, Swiss, good morning, Lone Ranger..so forth...and the one Chicken on on the left I like the last part AFTER he finishes doing the clucking chicken sound...that's all I meant

Cou Cou is my granddaughters favorite

Isn't that interesting for the spelling - I was pulling English from my head when was applying our rules for adding -ed, -es, so forth
So one l I spell it with and 2 l's you spell it with...funny...

the offer to help with the German I just may take you up on...but you have to realize, that at my age of 60+, it's more want to than can do a lot...but I would like to learn a bit....I love to hear Kerry sing...

back when my grandparents were raising my dad and sibs, speaking German in America wasn't thought of too highly, so in those days, 1920's, they spoke only English in their home, and even changed the spelling of their last name to be more English....when I did some genealogy on my ancestors, I found all sorts of spellings..so had to weed thru a lot.

I hope nobody minds us going back and forth on here...sure is fun to learn from you! and enlightening...
marilyn
Mychael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marilyn!

Well, I only have a minute, but just to say that it was the same with my family from Austria during the war time. As soon as they got to the USA or the UK they said, "Now we are living in an English speaking country, no more German - only English!" And this was for a number of reasons. They didn't want to have any association with what was going on in Germany and also speaking German brings back a lot of terrible memories that they had at a time when they were only speaking German. They wanted to put it all behind them. My Father also changed his surname.

I understand now what you mean about those Yodel Overs and I love that Little Chicken yodel he does! Have you heard the whole thing on youtube? Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_tZLdmVNQ8

I'm pretty sure it is also Kerry Christensen.

See you later and all the best,
Michael

ElEmSaSa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came in to get warm, and dry

HEY< WE HAVE SNOW>>>>A FOOT

Thanks for that Michael and we'll talk later...

marilyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Kerry Christensen and Janet McBride All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: