new user
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Greetings for Taylor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garsie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: yodeling books Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
You can cover any song you want for free. You can play or sing your own version of it. For example, hundreds of YouTubers cover Taylor Swift songs.

But if you want to sell your version, and make money from it, then you will need permission from the person who owns the song (and probably have to pay them a fee).
bob,can you recommend a good book that i can use to learn yodel I'm in UK and seem to have trouble getting hold of one.thanks
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A book can't teach yodeling, you need sound! If you want to yodel just for fun, teach yourself from YouTube videos. That's how every other yodeler I have met learned. But if you want to become a professional, you will probably need personal help from experts, but that comes later.

Also, learn to sing! You can teach yourself if you have a good voice. Eventually maybe you can take a class at a school, or join a choir or a band. If you can sing, you can teach yourself to yodel.

Taylor once said that she learned to yodel by listening to lots of other yodelers. She took bits and pieces from each of them and formed her own style. That's the best way to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Greetings for Taylor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: