AGT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will u plz send me a message why i should go?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

gallop20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: AGT Reply with quote

I might go to auditions tomorrow for AGT!
MY PARENTS WONT LET ME
i got some bad grades in school - i will do better
THIS IS MY FUTURE!!!!
can all of you please send me a message telling my parents why they need to let me go?
plz persuade them.
i am begging you. Crying or Very sad
I am actually crying right now - i feel useless
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regina, are you sure you're ready for AGT? The acts on AGT all have experience in front of an audience. Taylor did well on AGT because she had been on a stage for 7 years before AGT!

Don't be afraid to start small, and work your way to the top. Perform for your school, at fairs, and local shows before you try for the big time. I'm just worried that you aren't ready yet, and will become discouraged if AGT doesn't accept you. To get on AGT you have to be the best in America! Thousands of people audition, and only a few make it.

Lol, I know this is NOT what you want to hear. But I don't want you to get hurt.

Btw, I could be all wrong!! I've never heard you sing or yodel, so maybe you already have the talent, and the experience. You can audition for us if you want, we'll give you a fair opinion!! Very Happy

Btw2, Taylor is only allowed to perform because she has an 'A' average at school. It says on her web site that she has to keep her good grades to be able to perform. I kind of agree with that, I think school is more important than anything else right now. When you get older there will be lots of other AGT's and opportunities for you. There will always be a demand for people with talent! You have your whole life!

Please don't hate me. Confused I care about you!!
pytcrew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob-man....I completely agree with you.....I couldn't have said it better myself.

If one of my kids wanted to try out for something like AGT, their grades would have to be good before I would even consider it. Also, I think it is important to remember that most of those acts have been doing fairs and school things for years before auditioning.

Also, Regina......are you sure you are ready for how harsh the judges can be? You seem to be very sensitive, and the judges are tough......I really don't think you are ready for that.

I know this isn't what you WANT to hear, but maybe what you NEED to hear. Sorry! Confused
ory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob and Kimberley both gave GREAT advice!
I totally agree with both of them and I also agree with your parents, I know its hard for you to understand, but right now your grades in school ARE your future, even more than AGT would be.

I'm sorry that this is not what you want to hear, but I care too much about you to tell you anything else.

Your parents love you very much, and they are just trying to give you the best advice, to allow you to have what is best for your future.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not what I want to hear.
At all.
I thought you would encourage me....but I was wrong...
Thanks for trying everyone......
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if we seem mean. But we just want what's best for you, even if it doesn't make you happy right now. Someday you'll agree with us.

And even if we did take your side, your parents wouldn't listen to us anyway. Then you'd really be upset with them!
gallop20

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, thank you.
I want this so bad.
I'm going to donate alot of it.
People need me.
I want to help
pytcrew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regina,
you have to realize that several of us are parents. We want to see you study hard and get good grades, and we also want to see you succeed. The problem I have is.....I am not going to encourage you to do something that goes against your parents. I am sorry if that doesn't encourage you, but you will understand better when you are a parent.

Do you think your parents would want you to come on to the forum if we encouraged you to go against them? They have a reason for telling you no, maybe you should talk to them and understand why they are telling you no.

Think about how harsh the judges are.....do you really think you could handle it if they tell you that you are no good? I don't think I would want to encourage you to do something that is so harsh. Because Taylor did so well on AGT, they are going to compare you to her. You would have to be alot better than Taylor in order to succeed.

Maybe your parents are trying to keep you from getting hurt!
ory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gallop20 wrote:
I understand, thank you.
I want this so bad.
I'm going to donate alot of it.
People need me.
I want to help

I agree, people do need you!! And the best way to help people, is to first help yourself, and get a good education, which will one day lead to a very good career for you!
At that time, you can decide exactly how you would like to help people!
I know thats hard to understand now, and it seems like a long way off, but its really not!
There are so many ways to help people, whether it be to donate your time or money! The possibilities are endless!

Right now, even while your still in school, you can still help people, there are always ways to do that, at any age!

You are a very smart girl, and I know that if you really think about this, and look at both sides, you will understand why we are all giving you this advice.

We could just tell you what you want to hear, but then we wouldn't be telling the truth, and that wouldn't make us very good friends.
Good friends are always honest! Even if it means telling someone something that they don't want to hear.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but my friends tell me that I have an amazing voice.
ory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they are right!
But at your age, there are more important things, than just a good voice.
Your #1 priority in your life right now is your schooling, without a good education, you are very limited.
WITH a good eduacation, AND good grades, you can do anything you want! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one of you possibly tutor me?l
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd wreck your brain if I tried to tutor you! Razz

What subjects are giving you the most trouble?
afandan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only help out in art class and that's about it.
Sorry Regina.
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a few years ago when I heard NZs got talent was on,and I wanted to audition(I think I found out a couple of days after auditions though!) I asked mum and she said something a bit harsh-not that she really meant it,but she said something like 'what do U mean? You don't have a talent' Confused That made me kind of sad. I don't think i could sing very well back then anyway Rolling Eyes Oh Well!!!

BTW,I don't understand how grades & performing affect (or is it effect?) each other Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: