Music Solo songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry wrote:
My wife often substitutes up or down for left or right. I don't know which is which. I tell her helicopters go up or down, cars go left or right. Of course, my argument falls on deaf ears.

Mine did that too! "Go down that street", or "Go up that way", usually while pointing a finger in the general direction. I had to take my eyes off the road to see which way she was pointing, because I didn't understand the voice suggestions. Rolling Eyes

To her credit though, we almost never got lost. Smile
Jerry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, we'll be looking for something, and my wife will say There it is. Where? Right there. Problem is, I don't know where right there is.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually they tell you as you're passing it. By the time you get the message, it's time to look for a place where you can make a 180 and go back to where you just were. A few more 180's, and eventually you get to where you are supposed to go.

And then it's time to find a place to park... Rolling Eyes
Jerry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my most frequent hopes in vain is when I hope I can pass a Wal Mart. I usually do get just past it. Then I get, "Oh, I need to stop at Wal Mart." Yup. 180.

And Wal Mart doesn't even have mannequins. And why does it take 3 hours to stop and get a box of cereal? And you wind up with a bill of $189.74. And the cashier tells you you saved $23.38 today. I would have saved $189.74, if I had just kept going.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Walmart does not have mannequins, but there is always a friendly greeter who will be happy to talk to you. Very Happy

Women love to buy clothes, and men love to buy 'toys'. Walmart has both, plus groceries. It's a great place to lighten your wallet.
cow109

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are lightening my wallet. Rolling Eyes

OryCat OryCat OryCat
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Walmart sells cat food too. Shocked
Jerry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Walmart sells food for thought. When I'm in one, I can only think of how badly I want to get out.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you overstay your welcome? Maybe you browse?

I'm usually in Walmart for about 12 minutes. I look at my list, put the stuff in the cart, and check out. No wandering around. I plan my route as I'm walking in the door.

But when two people shop together, they must both go at the speed of the slower shopper. That can be a problem for the faster shopper.
cow109

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slower shopper = wife
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I didn't want to say that, but yeah, you're probably right. That's why husbands talk to mannequins - when they are available, which they are not in Walmart. Rolling Eyes
Jerry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I overstay my welcome in Walmart, (Why can't Shirley spell that?) I buy it back when I write out the check for $189.74, when all I did a 180 and went back there for was a box of cereal.

No mannequins, and I'm afraid to visit with the toaster ovens, for fear I'll buy one with 4 knobs. Btw, I've mastered all 3 knobs of my present one.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see your purpose at Walmart - you are the chief check-writer! An awesome but under-appreciated responsibility.

I'm impressed to hear you mastered all three knobs, and think you may be ready for the 4-knob model.

Btw, my stove only has two knobs for the oven, one selects "Off", "Bake" or "Broil", and the other sets the temp. So I have no idea what a 3rd or 4th knob could possibly be for. Maybe a timer? Shocked

I've never owned a toaster oven. But the next time I'm in Walmart I'll look at them, because now I'm curious.
I'm not going to buy one though.
Jerry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extent to which I am under-appreciated is one of the wonders of our present universe. Who else can keep a mannequin entertained?

I think my toaster oven has at least one extraneous knob. Two of the three must be set to 'toast' before you can make toast. I think one 'toast' setting should suffice. My guess is that Flo sold the toaster oven industry a train load of knobs they have to use up to keep their inventory down, so they started putting 3 knobs on toaster ovens. Four would confuse most consumers.

I've always thought that these trains full of black stuff were hauling coal. I'll bet some of them are loaded with black plastic knobs.

It is indeed very impressive that I mastered 3 knobs on a toaster oven. I did myself proud. It only took a few months, and I only had to read the instruction manual twice.

Would you buy a toaster oven if it had a knob with a 'yodel' setting?
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused with anything that has more than two knobs, because I only have two hands. Do you need a friend or family member to help you with a 3-knob model?

If I see a toaster oven with a 'yodel' setting, it will be in my house, and set to 'yodel' 24/7. But someone once told me that Santa Claus does not really exist, and I'm worried that a yodeling toaster oven might also be a myth. This Christmas I'll ask Santa for a yodeling oven, and see what happens. Razz

Two knobs for toast? Shocked My toaster has only one knob, I push it down and toast soon pops up. But it has no other purpose, it can't bake a potato. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: