confused cowgirl????????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: confused cowgirl???????? Reply with quote

Hello! Very Happy I'm confused about why there are so many members that haven't posted Confused And I'm not just meaning old members,but members who hav joined this year but not introduced themselves or anything Confused Confused Confused . Question Question Question
(p.s I've taken my pic off because mum was going on about online safety so I decided I could never go on the forum while shes around if my picture is everywhere Rolling Eyes Mad. If I became famous I would definatly put a picture back on since everyone would know me anyway! Smile ) HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT!!!
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aishani! Very Happy

Tell your mum that we haven't stalked anybody yet, and even if we did, NZ is too far to go just to bother you. Razz

But in a way it's good to be cautious, because there are a lot of 'silent' members here, and we have no idea what kind of people they are, where they live, or why they are here.

Will your mum notice your pic at the top of the forum? Let me know if you want me to remove that too. But the pics at the top have no names under them, so strangers won't know who you are. I have even forgotten who some of them are. Embarassed

It's always been a question why so many members never say anything. Shy? Cautious? Don't know English that well? But one thing I DO know, every other forum in the universe is the same way. All forums are lucky if they get 5% of the members to post.

The first problem is getting guests to sign up as members. I trust guests even less than I trust silent members, which is why the personal parts of this forum are closed to guests. And also closed to guests are the parts where members can view pictures or videos of Taylor. If guests are just here looking for free stuff, they have to join the forum!

Some forums have come up with the bright idea of deleting memberships for the members who never post. They think that will get everybody talking! But it never works. You end up deleting most of the members, and the only posts you do get are posts that say "Hi", or "Don't delete me", from members who don't want to be deleted. All those 'garbage' posts makes the forum boring to read.

I don't really mind the 'lurkers'. At least they are here, and maybe they'll support Taylor by buying her cd's, or adding views to her videos on YouTube. It doesn't cost the forum anything to keep them.

For people that want to post, but are afraid to, the most difficult post to make is the first one! But once you start talking, it gets easier, especially when you see how quickly the other members accept you and become friends. If a new member is afraid to speak, try helping us count to a million! All you have to do is type the next number, and press 'Submit'. Almost easier than winking. Wink

I'll miss your picture. But I don't use my picture in my avatar either, like most other members. You can use any picture that you think is cool at the moment, and change it whenever you want. I've been using the little pic of Taylor in front of an audience since day one, I've always liked that picture. Very Happy
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pic up the top is fine!It would be sad to delete old members cos that would mean Taylor Crying or Very sad I guess people can't spend their whole life on the internet Rolling Eyes There are many taylor fans that aren't members which is kind of sad.
Maybe I could get an animal picture like David
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think David IS a llama! Shocked

Lol, I would NEVER delete Taylor!! The only members I have deleted are people who come here to spam, or cause trouble.

Taylor has lots of fans who don't come here, some people just don't like forums. And she also probably has lots more fans who don't have any online accounts anywhere, so we'll never know that they exist. My 90-yr-old parents like Taylor's yodeling, but they have never owned a computer. My sister Ory (Mary) shows them Taylor's videos when they come to visit.

When Janneke from Holland visited in August, we went out to eat with my parents and showed them video of Janneke's tv yodeling on a laptop at the restaurant. Then, outside in the parking lot, Janneke yodeled for my mom and dad, and it made my mom cry. She gave Janneke a hug, it was very sweet.
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Llama or Alpaca???

I wish Janneke came to the forum more now,well I guess she has a life to live
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Janneke needs to come here more!! Shocked But I know she is busy at her drama college, it's her 2nd year. I suppose she will become a big star, and forget about all of us little people. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Martha, another teen and Taylor fan from Holland, has also been gone from here. But she has just gone to Africa, where she is helping build schools and work with poor people. Not too much internet there, and she won't be back until May 2011. Confused

We miss both of them. Shocked
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drama school! Shocked Cool (haha a rhyme! Laughing)
Martha in Africa! Shocked Shes making lives beta (now on that one I tried too hard Rolling Eyes )
They're both busy!
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, very busy, makes me feel dizzy. (I can write good poetry too!) Laughing
cow109

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clear up a few things:

Quote:
we haven't stalked anybody yet, and even if we did, NZ is too far to go just to bother you

I have personally never stalked anyone further than AZ (Arizona) and NZ is way further on down the alphabet Shocked

Quote:
I trust guests even less than I trust silent members

Bob has an even bigger problem with regular contributors that can't be trusted not to bring up the subject of P____ (well, you know) Rolling Eyes

Quote:
It's always been a question why so many members never say anything

And some won't shut up until they have written a novel Laughing and a sequel Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I think David IS a llama

I once ran for the office of dalai lama but lost in a landslide to that funny little man with the glasses and robe.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cow109 wrote:
Quote:
we haven't stalked anybody yet, and even if we did, NZ is too far to go just to bother you

I have personally never stalked anyone further than AZ (Arizona) and NZ is way further on down the alphabet Shocked

Alphabetical stalker? Shocked I think you're safe then Aishani, at least for a long time. And I'm even safer, living in WI (Wisconsin). Razz

cow109 wrote:
Quote:
It's always been a question why so many members never say anything

And some won't shut up until they have written a novel Laughing and a sequel Laughing Laughing

World's first (and only?) novel that has more writers than readers. Rolling Eyes
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Very Happy
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked I had a search through the memberlist and found that including me,there are 4 members from new zealand. Two of them haven't made any posts,one has made 3,and I've made 4hundred & sumthing Surprised I am the biggest Taylor fan here,and NONE of them are stealing that title off me Twisted Evil Laugh
ming0105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too Laughing
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aishani, you OWN NZ, and Ming, you OWN HK!! Laughing

Yodel On
Josi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND I OWN FINLAND!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: