School and other off topic thoughts!!!???
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: School and other off topic thoughts!!!??? Reply with quote

Well, It's half way through my 1st wk of summer holidays. I've been spending the time with my cousin Jusal (he's into singing, art, dance etc too) my brother still has school this week (haha) and I haven't been doing much apart from spending money on junk food, printing lyrics to songs and youtubing. Any ideas for what to do do tomorrow or Friday???

In other news, we're beginning our India trip on SUNDAY Shocked Shocked Shocked

In other thoughts, I really really really really want to go here!: http://www.interlochen.org/
cow109

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Interlochen is THE place for young musicians to go to. Keep practicing the flute! (Hmmmm....that's what you can do on Friday) Laughing
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jusal!! Very Happy

So you're three days into your fantastic summer holiday, and you're bored already? Rolling Eyes Good thing you're going to India, it will be something to do. Razz

It's the middle of winter in Interlochen now, if I was correct in seeing that it's located in the northern state of Michigan, close to where I live. But I had never heard of it before, which shows you how much into the arts I am. Embarassed Sounds like a great place for aspiring artists though, to learn not only from teachers, but from each other. I hope you make it there some day! Very Happy

Btw, do they have any internet in India? We need to hear how you're doing, otherwise we'll worry about you. Worm
cow109

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
Btw, do they have any internet in India? We need to hear how you're doing, otherwise we'll worry about you. Worm

Are you kidding?--if it weren't for India the USA wouldn't have any technology that works Laughing
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hear much from anyone from India, so I assumed that they have chosen to ignore the internet. Rolling Eyes

But I know they're smart, lots of our doctors and scientists are from India. Idea
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i get sick or feel lonely or anything, I'll try to find tthe internet and come to the forum Razz

I didn't even know there was such thing as a performing arts high school until the other day! I wouldn't be good enough for flute, but I would really like to do voice there (probably not good enough either Rolling Eyes ) It would be cool to go there for my last year of high school. I wonder if they would take some1 from down in NZ??? I would also want to do drama and writing there. Seems very expensive Shocked
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expensive is the key.

Janneke in Holland graduated from a normal high school, and is now going to a drama college (her 2nd year!). Do you have anything like that in NZ? It would be a lot cheaper if you had a school near you, because it's the traveling and housing far away from home that would be expensive. Shocked
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have performing art high schools here from what I know Rolling Eyes There's out of school stuff, and art universities. Because I've got alot to learn, I would benefit more in the arts if I went to a school where I can learn more instead the school Im at now. My school is pretty good when it comes to music, I can take performance (vocal) studies in yrs 12-13, choirs, orchestra, etc, But I think if I went there id learn more'. Oh, and Jewel went there too! Very Happy Pretty unlikely thing too dream about though!
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other AWESOMENESS..............

The Taylor CD's arrived Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thankyou so so much Bob!!! Best christmas present ever!!! Signed and everything!!! Jusal and I will watch the movie tomorrow Surprised It came in exactly two weeks which is really good. I'm still waiting for the yodeling book& tape Confused Must be being shipped.
Thankyou so so so so so so much!!! The Wave The Wave You're like santa of the yodel world! I'm excited to get home and listen to Taylor!

I'm gonna be on the forum alot less for a while since dad rang me before and said we (or I Shifty ) hav used all the internet usage Rolling Eyes Embarassed Crying or Very sad . I hate computers. Now I am going to play 'Over the line'(consists of throwing tennis ball over a washing line to person on other side) with Jusal
Bye! Very Happy
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your school sounds cool! You're lucky that you have what you do! Usually music and the arts are the first thing a school cuts if they have financial problems, so they can concentrate on 'reading, writing, and arithmetic'.

But, if you have the money, and want to go for something bigger, good luck!! Very Happy

Great that the cd's got there!! Very Happy Very Happy Two weeks is pretty good, I hope you like them! The movie isn't a theater epic, but Taylor has a tiny part in it, so it's pretty cool. Watch the credits at the end, her name is there! Popcorn

'Over the Line' would be more challenging if you hung a sheet on the line, then you wouldn't know when the ball is coming! But I'm sure you already thought of that. Rolling Eyes When I was young we used to hang a sheet over the line and make a tent. It was like our secret clubhouse, no girls allowed!! Laughing

Tell your dad that he needs to cut back on his internet time, because you have really important stuff to do! Shocked Razz
cow109

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in America it's been about a decade since we had time limited internet accounts. I think we would all die if we had to go back to that now! Shocked

It would be like when the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid! Laughing
ming0105

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope you'll have a great future! Very Happy
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Ming! Very Happy
The movie was sweet. Kind of sad as well Crying or Very sad I agree that it's not an award winner, but it was nice. Taylors part wasn't as small as I thought, not as small as my friends part in lovely bones- that was bigger than I thought too!!! Surprised

I could spend ages giving a novel on why I loved each song on both cds, but I would probably bore you tto sleep Laughing
We used to hav dial up internet, but that was annoying cos it was slower and would dis-connect every few minutes Rolling Eyes Dad got broadband because it's cheaper and better, but theres a limit per month which costs lots if you go over and I have no way of knowing if it's all used up Mad youtube apparently wastes alot of broadband Rolling Eyes
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your internet is billed for the amount you download, rather than the time you spend online? If that's true, then I think YouTube would eat up a lot more of your service than anything else, because videos take up the most space. (Reading and posting on this forum would be minimal, unless you look at all the YouTube links!) But YouTube is so entertaining! It's worse than chocolate!! I hope you work out a compromise! Razz

Taylor's cd's are good, aren't they? Taylor can sing even when she doesn't yodel. Very Happy After you listen to them a few thousand times, let us know what your favorite songs are, I'd be curious. I like a lot of them for different reasons.

I agree about Taylor's movie, I'm glad you liked it. It was made mostly for a religious audience, and not for theaters or tv. But it has a good message, and none of the bad things that most of today's movies have.

Btw, for everyone else, the movie is "Becoming Jesse Tate", and you might be able to find it online at a good religious book store site. It's been out for more than a year now, and I gave Aishani my last extra copy. There are links in this forum with more information, somewhere.
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the cd's on the ipod, so i can listen to it overseas Razz We're going TOMORROW really really early Shocked so
Goodbye! Crying or Very sad
I might be able to find internet @ family houses hopefully Smile

I found the first cd really inspirational and sweet. She sounded amazing even then Razz The second cd was amazing too! I think I've listened to the first more, because I hadn't heard any of them. i love the songs Grandpa, and Shuffle song the most I think. It's cute how she dedicates a song to Harrison Very Happy
My favorites in the 2nd one are probably Nola,Hillbilly Fever, and My little Lady who. I think that Taylor's Yodel is a cool way to annoy non-yodelers lol, But I think it's really clever Razz Razz Razz It's really hard to chose favorites cos I love them all! Very Happy But those are my thoughts at the moment.
I still haven't asked mum about interlochen yet Rolling Eyes I should soon b4 it gets too late Shocked Confused Shocked Shocked

MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! and YODEL ON!!! =)

I'm gonna miss Whittakers dark ghana chocolate while we're away Crying or Very sad and Licorice ropes, and going to the beach on sunny days Crying or Very sad but I think I'll survive Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> What's on your mind? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: