Yodelming = Yodeling (it quite rhymes lol)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ming0105

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Yodelming = Yodeling (it quite rhymes lol) Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I've been a member on this forum for more than 1 year. During this period, I almost listen to yodeling every day, and I learn some skill from it. Very Happy

Recently, I bought a headphone with a mic so I decided to record it on last Saturday. This is my first yodeling to be posted here, I hope my yodeling doesn't scare you lol.

Here it is:
http://friendlycountryforum.com/aa/ming/jodelming.mp3

I was inspired by this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvie1g-7f0

She's an awesome yodeler, she is so beautiful like a Barbie doll! (I think Dan gets the same thought with me. Laughing)
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start Ming!! Very Happy

Margret Almer is a good choice, she makes yodeling sound fun and happy, just like our Taylor. I hope you have a good experience learning from them! Very Happy
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice start, yes, but you just need to be more confident and stronger, so that you may yodel better Smile
That's a thing I learnt myself. If you sing softly, it gets harder for your side.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that maybe Ming didn't want to disturb his neighbors/family. But you're right, it's impossible to yodel softly.

Both both Ming and Nuno, do you share your yodeling with the people around you? What do they think? Do you get positive/negative reactions?

If I could yodel, I think I would drive all my friends nuts. Laughing
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recorded myself when I was alone at home.

And I surprised everyone (friends, family, etc) by suddenly posting the video on my Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/nunomiguelperalta/posts/211807858829503

And seems EVERYONE loved it Smile

In the same way I surprised everyone, everyone surprised me too, by liking listening to me!
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got a good reaction! Most of my family/friends were kind of quiet when I told them that I liked yodeling, and then they changed the subject. I guess they didn't know what to say, and they didn't want to offend me Laughing
cow109

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ming,
I have that Margret Almer song on my iPod. I recognized it right away when I heard your recording so you are doing good! I could never do that--it's too hard to find the pitch when my voice is jumping around Confused
My yodeling sounds like a dying cow Dancing Cow <---- death throes

Hi Nuno,
I couldn't hear your recording on Facebook because I don't have an account. Is it the same recording as on Ming's link???
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Facebook, was told that my account had been hacked so I needed to change my password. Rolling Eyes But when I finally got to Numo's channel, I saw that it was a link to the YouTube video. So you saw it. Razz

Perhaps I should check my FB account more than once a year? Laughing
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... do you mean you don't use Facebook? :O wow!!! I thought they took all the world already!! At least, in Portugal, they took this country in 2009!! Seems some virus taking all the world :/
I don't really like Facebook. I just use it because all my friends are there.

And yes, the link goes to a page that has the Youtube video there, and friends commenting on it.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Facebook either, and I don't think any of my friends/family use it.

Can you make friends on Facebook and talk to them? But it must be a pain sorting through the spammers and pretenders. Confused

I also have a MySpace account that I never use. I don't know the difference between MySpace and Facebook. Don't Know
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
Can you make friends on Facebook and talk to them?

You "can", but it's "against" rules of Facebook, as they sometimes don't allow you to request friendship to someone, giving an error like "Do you really know this person?", so, they just want you to be friends with people you really know.

Bob wrote:
I don't know the difference between MySpace and Facebook.

Well, both are social networks Razz myspace is more musical, I mean, it is more used by musicians. Facebook's goal is to have all the world there.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then Facebook sounds like it is a good way to stay in touch with friends, especially these days when people move so often. But that's why I don't use it, at my age my friends die more often then they move. Rolling Eyes

Too bad you can't use Facebook to keep in touch with dead people, I'd love to say 'hi' to my grandma again. Angelic
ming0105

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my sister was at home when I recorded it, so I yodel quietly. Rolling Eyes

I don't share with my friends, because they would probably think I'm weird. One time, I yodeled while I'm listening to a yodeling song, my dad said to me, "Are you crazy?". I don't think they like yodeling.

Thank you for your advice Nuno, I'll try to yodel louder when nobody's at home. If it's possible, I'd like to sing "Ku-Ku Jodel". It needs time to practice the tongue technique, it's a bit hard... but stay tuned lol.

Thank you guys. I have never yodeled to my friends, but I yodel on the forum, and I'm glad that I receive positive responses, so that's good. Very Happy

Hi David, I think my pitch is falsetto, it's easy to do when you're in puberty. Laughing I don't know if I could still do it when my voice changed completely or I become a grown-up man.

Thank you Bob for helping me once again. Very Happy
ming0105

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, Nuno, you should make a new topic for your yodeling, so more members can listen to it! Smile

Last edited by ming0105 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is: http://friendlycountryforum.com/taylorware/viewtopic.php?t=1409

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Yodeling! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: