Yodelming = Yodeling (it quite rhymes lol)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Ming, I'm not surprised that your family thinks you are crazy, every creative person gets the same treatment because most 'normal' people think everybody should be the same. I guess you are only crazy until you get really good and start making a lot of money, then suddenly you will become a genius. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Nuno, I'm glad you made the separate topic, hope you can add to it as time goes on! It's great to know that people yodel in both Hong Kong and Portugal. Taylor would be proud!! Very Happy
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
every creative person gets the same treatment

That's so true Wink

Bob wrote:
Taylor would be proud!! Very Happy

Maybe, if she knew about us... Smile unfortunately there is no direct way to let her know, as far I know :/
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think Taylor really knows about the support she still has here. That's kind of sad, I wish she knew about the influence she still has all over the world.

But then again, there are only a few of us here, not the thousands of fans that a real celebrity has. So do we really matter?

Taylor could be so much more popular if she came here, updated her web site, and put regular videos up on YouTube. She could yodel, sing her favorite songs, do instructional videos, tell stories, anything to build up a fan base. It's a mystery to me why she doesn't do that, with all the talent she has. Her silence is obviously the choice of herself or her family. If it's her family, she will be 18 in less than two years, and then maybe we will hear from her again. But if it's her choice, then I don't know.

As long as Taylor is happy, then everything is ok!! There are lots of other yodelers that can keep us entertained, and we will continue to share them here. Very Happy
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
So do we really matter?

You are so wrong when you think like that!! I have some successful projects being used by all parts of the world, and trust me - when they were starting, those little users had more support by me than the many users I have now trying to talk with me.

With this, I want to mean that it makes much more sense Taylor talks and supports the "few of us here", because we are "few", than support "the thousands of fans that a real celebrity has" Wink

A single person simply have no time to talk to those thousands, so they have to learn how to "ignore". They may read, but won't spend time to answer. That's what I do many times, and I really feel bad with that. But, if I answer, I will receive another reply and so on.

I hope you understand what I mean.
But yeah, once she is happy, it's all ok! I would like to talk with her sometime, yes, but I know that it won't matter to her to talk with "another fan" Smile, so I don't hurry that.
If I "must" talk with her, world will let me do that sometime, and I'll take the opportunity!
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nunoperalta wrote:
I have some successful projects being used by all parts of the world, and trust me - when they were starting, those little users had more support by me than the many users I have now trying to talk with me.

You started small and got big, and so did Taylor, starting when she did small local shows at age 4, and peaking when she did AGT in 2006. But since then her popularity has gone down again, and only a few of us are left. A rising star is different than a falling star.

I know Taylor loves yodeling, and loves people, and I'm pretty sure that she'd like to spend her life performing. I think she has the talent to make a living with it, so she doesn't have to get a 'real' job. I think she enjoys traveling and meeting people. But right now not many people are inviting her to do shows, except locally around Nashville. She's almost back to where she started before AGT. She is trying other things - acting, duets, etc - but no real word yet if they are successful.

Only a few people are able to make a living with yodeling, and it's very difficult, at least in America. The rest must become singers or musicians, and maybe throw a little yodeling into their acts just for fun. Jewel is like that. But I would be very happy for Taylor if she could have a career like Jewel.

It's good that Taylor is still so young, most singers are unknown until they are adults, so she has a head start. I think things will change when she gets a little older, and she can control her life, and do what she thinks is best for her.

I agree with you that a celebrity must ignore their fans when they have thousands of them, if they want to have a private life. Taylor has always enjoyed meeting and talking with the people who come to her shows, but if she becomes really popular she will no longer be able to do that. My memories of talking to her after her shows are almost better than the shows themselves, it's one of the advantages of supporting a 'small' star. But I'd give that up to see her become really popular and successful.

This forum is unusual in that there is really nothing else to compare it to. It's impossible to know if we are successful or not, or if Taylor would be better or worse without us. We are 'hibernating' until Taylor does something amazing again! Razz
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice yodeling Ming! Smile
Bob wrote:
I was thinking that maybe Ming didn't want to disturb his neighbors/family. But you're right, it's impossible to yodel softly.
It is hard to practice yodeling when you try not to disturb neighbours and family Rolling Eyes

Btw, I don't have a facebook either Rolling Eyes
cow109

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwicowgirl95 wrote:
Btw, I don't have a facebook either Rolling Eyes

Hey, I have a great idea--let's start a social networking site for all of us people who don't like social networking! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how that goes for you. Rolling Eyes Laughing
cow109

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The home page will feature a solitaire game. Laughing
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Doesn't this site count as social networking??! Neutral
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, except that it's not actually 'work'.

How about 'Social Netgoofingaround'? Razz
nunoperalta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@cow109

My current great project is a social network, hence I know allot about social networking Wink
It is called iOrbix, http://iorbix.com/
You may try it Smile I work together with Andrew Davis.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuno, good luck with your site!! Very Happy
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever! Wink
I hope it works out for you Very Happy
ming0105

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nuno, good website! Very Happy

I have been not posting on the forum lately. So I give you guys a surprise ! Laughing It's my yodeling again!

You obviously know who sings this song!
http://friendlycountryforum.com/aa/ming/Der_schonste_Mann_Ming.wma

I took note from this version of "Cowboy's Sweetheart".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfeQHXEYsNg

http://friendlycountryforum.com/aa/ming/CowboySweetheart_Ming.wma

I think I can't sing so load because I don't have any vocal training. LOL at the German parts of my singing. And I cracked up in the climax part of the 2nd song lol.

What do you think of my yodeling?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Yodeling! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: