Hi From Boston,Lincolnshire,England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Greetings for Taylor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty much like a normal supermarket -It was a small one though.

The weather wasn't too bad, It was quite grey mast of the time though. There was partial blue sky one day! Razz

It was extremely hot in vienna! I think they were having a heat wave.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reading about the upcoming Olympics, I've found out that England is having a cool wet summer. Vienna sounds more like our summer this year in Wisconsin - hot and dry.

You're probably not used to summer in July. Shocked
cow109

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Aishani! It was very cool that we could follow your journeys on video! Very Happy Cool
Jerry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're safely back home, Aishani. Cantala makes beautiful music. From the videos, it appears you and your friends were having fun when you weren't performing.

How was the train ride from London to Paris? Hope a lot of it was in daylight, so you could see the countryside. You bought a healthier selection of food than I would have. Good for you. Maybe in Europe junk food isn't as readily available as it is here. I was in several Asian countries when I was in the Navy, and they eat less unhealthy food than Americans do.

Hope you're getting some relief from the heat, Bob. We've had some very nice rain here the last couple of days. We needed it, because we were starting to have a serious wildfire problem. We had two bad fires within 20 miles of here. There was a huge, terrible fire in SE Montana. I think it's contained now. There was some cattle loss and a tremendous loss of cattle forage. Some homes were also lost. I don't know if they got rain in that part of the state.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone eats as much junk food as Americans. But it's good to try to eat healthy when you travel, because there's lots of stress on your body. And I agree, I think the videos we saw did a good job of balancing the serious performing with the fun they were having as tourists. It seems like the journey was well organized, and I hope everybody had a great time! Very Happy

Here in Wisconsin we are having some relief from the heat, mid-80's now instead of upper-90's. But it's still dry, we really need some rain. So far no serious fires though, knock on wood. I cut my grass 3 times in May, 2 times in June, and only once so far in July. That's unusual, usually I have to cut it every week-10 days.
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought A LOT of chocolate!!! Shocked Razz Razz Razz

oh, and I tried a snail!! Shocked
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snail was in France, right? Just a wild guess. Rolling Eyes

Who makes the best chocolate? Shocked
kiwicowgirl95
Yee Haw!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! I went to a resturant in france with some other girls for lunch. Smile It actually tasted alright! Smile

All the chocolate was pretty good! Razz
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no French restaurants around here, so I'll probably never get to taste snails. But I would if I could! Even though it's probably not as good as pizza, or a burger and fries. That would be french fries btw, which have no connection to France. Rolling Eyes

I agree, all chocolate is pretty good, I'm not picky. Around here Hershey's is the cheapest, so that's what I buy. Smile
Jerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aishani, did you try yodeling for free chocolate? I also like and usually buy Hershey's, Bob. I like it all, but especially the dark. I guess a little dark chocolate is good for you.

I have also tried snail. It was cooked with a lot of salt, and was eaten right out of the shell. To me, it just tasted essentially like salt. It had a fancy name, like escargot, or something. (The spelling checker didn't object, so that must be the name.) Lobster is the same way to me. If you dip it in butter, it tastes like butter. Otherwise, it doesn't taste like much of anything.

Kitty Wells has passed away. She is one of the great pioneers in the popularization of country music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESRmpm3S-NI

This one also has a nice fiddle solo in it, David.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up Kitty, and saw that she passed away from a stroke at age 92. Thanks for the link to one of her songs!

I agree about lobster, I rarely eat it because to me the taste isn't worth the cost. But I hope I can try snails someday. I've had froglegs a few times, they actually are similar to chicken, but a little chewier.

Dark chocolate is always my first choice! Very Happy
Jerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes we'll go to a restaurant where you can pick a live lobster and have it cooked for you. I wouldn't do that. If I bought one of those live ones, I'd take it home for a pet. But I wouldn't know what to feed it. I've had frog legs and liked them. It's been a long time, but it seems to me that the legs were as big or bigger than a chicken drumstick. I've never seen a frog big enough to have legs like that. They grow some big frogs somewhere. Maybe where they grow those giant ants.
Jerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many don't share my taste in music, so hope I'm not annoying you guys with my posts. But here's another one to the same melody as 'Honkey Tonk Angels'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjph3051T0s

Dolly Parton does a nice cover of "I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes", also the same melody, but I can't find it on You Tube anymore. Maybe it had to be taken off.
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good example of a garage band. Very Happy

I don't like this music enough to buy CD's and collect it, but I enjoy listening to it once in a while. It's good background bar music, because you can talk over it without shouting in your partner's ear to be heard.
Jerry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate an environment in which you can't visit over the volume of the music. But that environment is popular these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Greetings for Taylor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: