Ilinca!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Ilinca Băcilă
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cow109 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Everybody does it in a different way. Very Happy

For sure. I notice that when Taylor is doing the yodel chorus part (as opposed to the verses) where the phrases end with "ti" she often sings "ti-yay" and clips each phrase very short. But go back and listen to the last Illinca link. She takes the "ti" and the end of each phrase and sustains it so long it breaks into vibrato, almost like an opera singer compared to Taylor
(timer = 0:42 thru 0:60).

I'm not saying that's better, just totally different! Surprised

True, I like all the different varieties, all of them are good in their own way. Maybe the song invites creativity more than an ordinary cover? Or maybe people with different backgrounds learn to yodel differently? It's always interesting to hear a new version. Very Happy
cow109

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS FLASH...Illinca has a sister!

First look at this video by a young Romanian named Simina Bacila. (Long intro, Simina starts singing at 1:40)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMB6Llly7l8

OK it's possible that Bacila is just a common Romanian last name. But does she really have any connection to Illinca?

Well, check out out this video that we have seen before, of Illinca doing an Austrian yodel song in a TV studio. Then notice at 0:20 that is Simina sitting on the bench by the TV host! Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twgqxcj3qwc
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, she certainly seems to be a sister! Sitting with mom and dad while Illinca performs, and then her own performance. Smile

I wonder if she yodels? Shocked

Cute song though, she sings ok, and looks like she's having fun.
cow109

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simina has many videos but they are not very good because most of them are studio recordings with slide shows features very amateur looking photos. I can find none where she yodels. She sings competently but lacks the personality and professional polish of her sister. I'm afraid she has lived her whole life in Illinca's very long shadow.

Here's the most recent thing, where she appears to be at least 18, all grown up and blossoming into a woman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTOYwMfiNY
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video would be much better if it was actually a video instead of a slideshow. Still, thumbs up! Smile

It's nice to know that Simina can sing English lyrics with feeling, and not at all like she's just singing them phonetically.

Yes, Illinca casts a big shadow.
cow109

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illinca appears on Voice of Romania.
Judges fall out of their chairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtVP7k8ALY
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's so much fun to listen to. I like how the two judges spun their chairs as soon as she hit that first fast yodel. Very Happy
afandan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cow109 wrote:
NEWS FLASH...Illinca has a sister!

First look at this video by a young Romanian named Simina Bacila. (Long intro, Simina starts singing at 1:40)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMB6Llly7l8

OK it's possible that Bacila is just a common Romanian last name. But does she really have any connection to Illinca?

Well, check out out this video that we have seen before, of Illinca doing an Austrian yodel song in a TV studio. Then notice at 0:20 that is Simina sitting on the bench by the TV host! Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twgqxcj3qwc

What a joyful song !! when she first came on stage I went (AWE) !! I call that style of song " Romanian (50's) boogie, just so much fun !!! I also think that with the way she hits the high notes that she could very possibly yodel !!

Last edited by afandan on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
afandan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cow109 wrote:
Simina has many videos but they are not very good because most of them are studio recordings with slide shows features very amateur looking photos. I can find none where she yodels. She sings competently but lacks the personality and professional polish of her sister. I'm afraid she has lived her whole life in Illinca's very long shadow.

Here's the most recent thing, where she appears to be at least 18, all grown up and blossoming into a woman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTOYwMfiNY

I didn't care for this song to much, but you got to hand it to her she is a great show singer!!! On that first song I didn't think she looked to much like Iilinca,but then on this song when she is older I see a lot of resemblance !!
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent runs in the family! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Ilinca Băcilă All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: