I sing a song for taylor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Greetings for Taylor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ory

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot of work! But much needed!
That is so nice that you are able to help them, without everyone's help, the children would really suffer.
Thank you for explaining it all to us! You did a very good job!! Very Happy
ElEmSaSa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a great job of explaining, Martha
and sounds like such a worthwhile endeavor

keep us posted on how it is going, when you leave
and so on
Janneke-from-holland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you are able to raise the money you need, and that your trip will help all these people. The children need school to get good jobs, or else they will always be poor. School is very important!

I think it will be very warm in Jamaica in July, watch out for the hot sun!! I remember how badly I got burned when I went to Thailand years ago, it only took a few minutes under the tropical sun. Wear loose light-colored clothing, and a big floppy hat! Very Happy

You are doing a good thing Martha!! Very Happy Very Happy
martha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great!! I never be in a other country befor.
exept for about 2/3 hours in German Laughing Laughing

I can't wait to go!

melianne goes whit me Very Happy . It looks so long away but I think the 6 juli will come soon enought Razz Very Happy
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you get to go with someone you know!! Melianne is my teammate, so I know she'll take good care of you! (And you'll take care of her?) Very Happy

The time to July will go fast I think. Very Happy
martha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure I will Laughing
farmer 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martha wrote:
Thats sounds great!! Very Happy

Its amazing that people want to help other people!!! Very Happy Very Happy

here is some info. I don't know if I transelate it right ( I use the internet for that Embarassed )

Basic school in Cedar jump Cedar jump lies on 1.5 up to 2 hours drive of Montego Bay. It lies in the district Saint James. The surroundings exist from hillocks and bunches.

The community has been moderately developed; there is electricity and flowing water. In the village is however little or no employment, as a result of which young people which have had a training pull away to the city Montego Bay. Much of the inhabitants work in Montego Bay. In former days basic school have been, but these a number of year has been suffered by damage of a storm obsolete touched. The bldg. has partly collapsed. The children go now to schools in the surroundings. This is however a large tax for the children, since they must run far. There is also experience in the village with a small child school. There are three people in the village which could teacher; these must then still an additional get training. This would have would be supported by the government.

Using a group of World Servants America in 2006, a foundation has been put down. This state however on a steep hillock. During construction they came that easily the rocks in the ground not to take away were. For this reason a foundation it has been chosen for `split-level' make bldg. The community has started afterwards himself with the opmetselen of the walls as from the foundation.In august 2008 World Servants-groep the Netherlands went out with the community further with the school bldg. and in 2009, we will help with the run-down.

With the school more children between three and the six years lesson get. These be able lay a good foundation lessons are very important for the further education. If they frequently do not go to these so-called basic school, battles them not on the ordinary primary school. On the school the children get a warm meal. If the bldg. is entirely safe and with that meets the requirements of government, the school gets extra money to adopt among other things more staff. As a result, the children get a better future.

whe have to raise 2275 euro each person thats about 3203.43 US Dollars (I think)
so whe have much work to do Rolling Eyes Very Happy
that is so intresting, thank you so much for that Smile, phew thats a lot of money my goodness, well i give all my luck to ya a Very Happy, best of luck to ya Wink. j.w
martha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a letter to day. Whe are not goinig to Jamiaca that trip was full Sad

whe are going to Bolivia now Very Happy Very Happy

whe get a printed form Thats about medical and that kind of things. When whe send that back they send us a e mail when whe get that e mail its definitely Razz
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Bolivia is in the center of South America!! That's a long way from the Netherlands!! Shocked

It will be a cool trip, I hope it becomes official, so you and Melianne can go! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for keeping us updated! :D

Btw, I looked up Bolivia on Wikipedia, and their currency is the Boliviano. The international currency code is BOB. Very Happy :roll:

The Netherlands (and most of Europe) is EUR, and in America it is USD.

Meaningless trivia. Razz
ory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meaningless, but interesting! Very Happy
ElEmSaSa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha,
I think any place you go and work with this team will be something you will never forget, and you will not be the same person after your trip.

But it's good to me that it is full, because it means that people are responding to help, as you have

I'm sorry if your heart was set on Jamaica, but South America is a wonderful place...my hubby went to Chile, and Bolivia forders Chile, I believe without looking at the map, and going by memory

keep us posted
Janneke-from-holland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you can't go to jamaica
But Bolivia is pretty good too! I think the place is not very important, the most important thing is that you help people there, who life in very hard times. It's so good that you care for them!!!! When the whole world cared for the people who life very hard, then the world was much better..

Martha, i think you do a good job!
We , the members of the forum, can be praud of you!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, we are proud of you and others too that report what they are doing
Bob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janneke is right, it doesn't matter where you go, there are people all over the world that need help.

Martha, it's cool that you are willing to give up part of your summer to help people, I'm sure it will be a great memory for you no matter where you go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taylor Ware Yodel Forum Index -> Greetings for Taylor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: